American Custom® SD9 Driver Drumsticks
Oval tip. A favorite for jazz.
Crafted in maple and featuring an oval tip, the SD9 is a favorite for Jazz. But don’t overlook the Driver for rock, either! Plenty of hard-hitters are choosing maple these days! The American Custom® line consists of a variety of models conceived and engineered by Vic Firth—performer and educator. The first manufacturer to apply the concept of a round striking surface to drumstick design, Vic developed the other originals that complete the line with jazz players in mind. All eleven models are turned from select rock maple for a light, fast playing stick with great flex and rebound. The Custom line is perfect for the artist who is playing lighter types of music, or prefers a beefier stick without a lot of weight.
- Well-suited for jazz music
- Medium taper and an oval tip make for good balance and a distinct cymbal sound
- Diameter : .610" | 1.55cm
- Length : 16.25" | 41.28cm
- Taper Taper affects the feel and balance of a stick. A long taper produces a back-heavy feel with more flex and a faster response. A short taper provides more power and durability with a front-heavy feel. A medium taper gives you the best balance between the butt and the tip. : Medium
- Series : American Custom®
- Surface Coating : Lacquer
- Tip Material : Wood
- Tip Shape : Oval
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
American Custom American Custom® SD11 Slammer Drumsticks
American Classic American Classic® HD9 Hickory Drumsticks