Modern Jazz Collection
Modern Jazz Collection - 4
The unmistakable sound and feel of maple! A 5B diameter with a long taper for great rebound. Small barrel tip provides a focused cymbal sound.
The unmistakable sound and feel of maple! A 5B diameter with a long taper for great rebound. Small barrel tip provides a focused cymbal sound. Over the years and in collaboration with some of the world’s top artists, the design team at Vic has produced thousands of prototypes ranging from the highly experimental to the straight-ahead and everything in between. This has been their secret playground. After a lot of discussion, they have decided that some secrets are just too good to keep quiet. “We’re excited to announce that we’re releasing five of our favorite prototype models to the world as our newly branded Modern Jazz Collection,” states Neil Larrivee, Vice President of Education and Drumstick Product Development. “They have been staples in our back room for years –and while the name says ‘Modern Jazz’, we’ve found that these sticks are exceptional in almost any musical setting. ”Never before available to the public, these five models were developed collaboratively with drummers on the cutting edge of “America’s Original Art Form”, including Jeff Ballard, Greg Hutchinson, Joe McCarthy and Lewis Nash.
- Crafted from maple for a lighter feel
- 5B sized shaft but with a long taper for great balance and rebound
- Barrel tip offers great response and sound from your cymbals
- Diameter : .595"" | 1.51cm
- Length : 16" | 41.59cm
- Taper Taper affects the feel and balance of a stick. A long taper produces a back-heavy feel with more flex and a faster response. A short taper provides more power and durability with a front-heavy feel. A medium taper gives you the best balance between the butt and the tip. : Long
- Series : Modern Jazz Collection
- Surface Coating : Lacquer
- Material (Wood) : Maple
- Tip Shape : Barrel
THE FEEL FOR YOU
Find the perfect balance of length, tip, taper and feel in the Vic catalog.